Following feedback from other scholars, and a few slips we found ourselves, Vincent and I have made several amendments in the database. We would particularly like to thank Robert Darnton and David W. Smith for their invaluable input towards these changes. The only changes that may impact upon searches in this new ‘public database version 1.1’ are:
1. Robert Darnton has identified our fourth best seller, the ‘Memoire apologetique des Genevois’ as the ‘Pièces importantes à la dernière revolution de Genève’, a known STN commissioned edition. Categorisation remains unchanged.
2. Information supplied by David Smith has allowed us to identify some of the editions of Graffigny’s ‘Lettres d’une Peruvienne’, so there have been some modifications to edition types there as a result.
3. Author and translator details have been added to ‘Intolerance ecclesiastique’. The translator of the related, stand alone edition of ‘Vilhelmine’ has also been added.
4. Crillon’s ‘Memoires philosophiques’ has now been tagged as a ‘Work of Religiosity’.
5. The right Helvetius (Jean-Adrien) is now credited with the authorship of the Traite des maladies.
The FBTEE database remains a collaborative work in progress, so we welcome further clarifications and corrections to our data.